WANTED: Spare Time!

My (quite small) spare time, these past weeks, have been "wasted" playing with Record 1.0 =)

Every little chance I got, I spent it playing with Record, while giving a good test run on my custom Remote codec for the M-Audio Axiom 61.

I've implemented the "Shift" function I've talked about earlier, and added a triple way to use Program Change, Bank LSB and Bank MSB.

Each of these, trigger 3 types of events simultaneously: an Absolute value, a Delta simulation value and an Increment/Decrement button pair simulation.

So, this is a snippet of the added features I'm using now:
  • Select Patch for Target Device (Delta) = Program Change (Delta)
  • Target Track (Delta) = Bank LSB (Delta)
  • Remote Base Channel = Bank MSB
  • ID8's Select Previous Preset = Program Change Down
  • ID8's Select Next Preset = Program Change Up
  • LOOP On/Off = Shift+PLAY
  • Click On/Off = Shift+STOP
  • Precount On/Off = Shift+RECORD
  • Tempo BPM = Knob 8
  • Click Level = Shift+Knob 8
  • Select Previous Keyboard Shortcut Variation = Shift+REWIND
  • Select Next Keyboard Shortcut Variation = Shift+FORWARD
As you can see, the Delta or the Up/Down version of the supported Program Change, LSB and MSB Bank change, all have its usefulness, depending on the control one needs to assign :)

I'll release this custom Axiom codec as soon as I have time to clean it up a bit on the other device mappings and package it in a proper way.

...oh, and btw, I had to make a little change to settings sent to Axiom because of the Loop button (the one I'm calling "Shift" now) so it would work like a "shift" key... only active while pressed.

The default settings sent to Preset 10 won't support this behavior, so I decided to make my own, but to not break compatibility with the standard Axiom codec, my custom overwrites Preset 09, instead of Preset 10.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Generic MIDI Channel aware Remote Codec+Map

Random access to a CV values list

Remote Codecs released...