Friday, September 3, 2010

I'm a Reason 5 & Record 1.5 user!

It's official!

(picture taken by yours truly, just minutes ago, at an undisclosed location)

I'm now a proud owner of a recently installed copy of
Reason 5 & Record 1.5.


Life is good :)



EDIT:
Why the picture? Well, it's just to show you how official this day is...
we're talking about flags'n'all kind'of official here ;)


EDIT2:
OH! I almost forgot ...and I'm now also a ReCycle 2.1 owner! :)

I've never been a loop-centric type of user. I still struggle with the notion of using "construction-kits" I see being sold in Loop/Sample/Sound Library/ReFill shops.

Coming from a composer-type background and not a DJing audio cut'n'paste type of producing music, I like to compose, program and play everything myself, so I usually use REX patterns (i.e. loops) just as test sources, draft vanilla starting points or as subtle added complement layers to my rhythm patterns.

I also like the instant rewarding live usage of pre-programmed dynamic playable step-sequencers and arpeggiators, but I cringe at the fact that I can't easily customize the "Insert" patterns of Reason's RPG-8 due to the reasons already stated.

So I'm very curious to see how am I going to fit ReCycle into my way of doing things while exploring its possibilities.

First planned use: Fix some badly sliced eastern voice based REX files I bought a while ago. Let's see how that goes... I would hope that those become usable for some ideas I have for a while now, since I'm hoping to use those in Dr.OctoRex for easy note/pitch changing, instead of going through fixed-pitch Record's Audio import route (that would solve just the tempo problem).

Neptune will also play an important role on some of the simpler dry voice "loops" as well, btw...

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it just wonderful? I feel like I could break into song...

    "...I feel PRETTY, oh so pretty-"

    ReplyDelete