I'm a Reason 5 & Record 1.5 user!

It's official!

(picture taken by yours truly, just minutes ago, at an undisclosed location)

I'm now a proud owner of a recently installed copy of
Reason 5 & Record 1.5.


Life is good :)



EDIT:
Why the picture? Well, it's just to show you how official this day is...
we're talking about flags'n'all kind'of official here ;)


EDIT2:
OH! I almost forgot ...and I'm now also a ReCycle 2.1 owner! :)

I've never been a loop-centric type of user. I still struggle with the notion of using "construction-kits" I see being sold in Loop/Sample/Sound Library/ReFill shops.

Coming from a composer-type background and not a DJing audio cut'n'paste type of producing music, I like to compose, program and play everything myself, so I usually use REX patterns (i.e. loops) just as test sources, draft vanilla starting points or as subtle added complement layers to my rhythm patterns.

I also like the instant rewarding live usage of pre-programmed dynamic playable step-sequencers and arpeggiators, but I cringe at the fact that I can't easily customize the "Insert" patterns of Reason's RPG-8 due to the reasons already stated.

So I'm very curious to see how am I going to fit ReCycle into my way of doing things while exploring its possibilities.

First planned use: Fix some badly sliced eastern voice based REX files I bought a while ago. Let's see how that goes... I would hope that those become usable for some ideas I have for a while now, since I'm hoping to use those in Dr.OctoRex for easy note/pitch changing, instead of going through fixed-pitch Record's Audio import route (that would solve just the tempo problem).

Neptune will also play an important role on some of the simpler dry voice "loops" as well, btw...

Comments

  1. Isn't it just wonderful? I feel like I could break into song...

    "...I feel PRETTY, oh so pretty-"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Generic MIDI Channel aware Remote Codec+Map

Random access to a CV values list

Remote Codecs released...