Every little chance I got, I spent it playing with Record, while giving a good test run on my custom Remote codec for the M-Audio Axiom 61.
I've implemented the "Shift" function I've talked about earlier, and added a triple way to use Program Change, Bank LSB and Bank MSB.
Each of these, trigger 3 types of events simultaneously: an Absolute value, a Delta simulation value and an Increment/Decrement button pair simulation.
So, this is a snippet of the added features I'm using now:
- Select Patch for Target Device (Delta) = Program Change (Delta)
- Target Track (Delta) = Bank LSB (Delta)
- Remote Base Channel = Bank MSB
- ID8's Select Previous Preset = Program Change Down
- ID8's Select Next Preset = Program Change Up
- LOOP On/Off = Shift+PLAY
- Click On/Off = Shift+STOP
- Precount On/Off = Shift+RECORD
- Tempo BPM = Knob 8
- Click Level = Shift+Knob 8
- Select Previous Keyboard Shortcut Variation = Shift+REWIND
- Select Next Keyboard Shortcut Variation = Shift+FORWARD
I'll release this custom Axiom codec as soon as I have time to clean it up a bit on the other device mappings and package it in a proper way.
...oh, and btw, I had to make a little change to settings sent to Axiom because of the Loop button (the one I'm calling "Shift" now) so it would work like a "shift" key... only active while pressed.
The default settings sent to Preset 10 won't support this behavior, so I decided to make my own, but to not break compatibility with the standard Axiom codec, my custom overwrites Preset 09, instead of Preset 10.